Wednesday 4 May 2011

Fraoch Heather Ale

Whilst cycling around, I couldn't help but noticing all the fantastic smells which are in the air at the moment. I have noticed that there are a lot of Dandellion's in flower and many nettles which got me quite excited about the prospect of home-brewing using some of these locally sourced ingredients. I have just been down to Morissons to buy some nice ales and there is one in particular which stands out, the Williams Bros which is quite a fantastic brew indeed, which apparently dates as far back as 2000BC. These following videos have inspired me to go out to the highlands and do some hand-picking of my own, I should be quite busy over the next several weeks.

Interview with Williams Bros.



Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall Learns how to Make Heather Ale



No comments:

Post a Comment